Company’s One Hybrid Cloud™ Software Allows Complex Data-Center Workloads to Leverage Amazon Web Services for Reduced Cloud Migration and Recovery Risk with Increased Productivity and IT Resilience
Santa Clara, Calif. – April 19, 2016 – CloudVelox, a pioneer in cloud automation and orchestration software, today announced new enterprise-grade management and control capabilities for its One Hybrid Cloud™ (OHC) software. The new capabilities enhance OHC’s cloud automation and orchestration to meet the demands of the largest, most complex data-center workloads. The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud offers decreased costs while increasing agility, resiliency and scalability, but the challenge of deploying enterprise workloads in the cloud can be daunting for organizations dependent upon traditional tools and manual processes. OHC addresses these challenges, making the cloud a viable option for some of the most complex enterprise environments.
Cloud deployment challenges for enterprises can be classified into seven critical areas: 1) coverage for complex data-center workloads 2) manageability 3) security 4) availability 5) recoverability 6) extensibility with APIs and 7) multi-cloud support.
CloudVelox has built a feature-rich solution to meet multiple needs; features include support for physical and virtual environments, multiple hypervisor types, as well as NFS and CIFS (Windows®). Manageability features include application blueprinting and the ability to deploy an entire application (storage, networking and security) in a single wave. With the new features, OHC release 2.1 further expands enterprise workload coverage. The company has also extended its management and control capabilities as well as infrastructure coverage with the following features:
- OHC support of Filesystems with multi-path devices: Enterprises have typically deployed multipath to increase fault tolerance between their compute and storage systems. CloudVelox, with this new capability, enables enterprises that use filesystems with multipath devices to replicate such complex deployment to AWS for cloud migration, cloud recovery and Dev/Test use cases.
- Enhanced granular control of individual servers and synchronization gives customers more options for moving and protecting workloads and managing bandwidth.
- Expanded enterprise workload coverage supports workloads running SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 Service Pack 1.
- Support for HVM offers enterprise grade scalability of instance types on AWS. With HVM support, CloudVelox customers can take advantage of high vCPU count and memory for running database class applications.
“CloudVelox software helped us quickly complete a very complex, business-critical Oracle deployment on AWS,” said Renato Siljeg, vice president of IT at Exar, a global semiconductor manufacturing company. “The CloudVelox ‘full stack’ approach gave us the ability to easily tackle very challenging cloud deployment problems that appeared insurmountable with other approaches. And the payoff was virtually immediate.”
In addition, CloudVelox has augmented existing enterprise requirements with the following capabilities:
- A single pane of glass for cloud migration, recovery and Dev/Test
- Zero downtime deployment
- Auto discovery and optimized resource mapping
- Application blueprinting, including support for cost-optimized policy-based blueprinting
- Secure continuous replication (including support for block-and-file systems as well as for third-party replication tools)
- Automated pilot-light mode for as-needed ignition from storage into production volumes.
“As CloudVelox continues to engage with enterprises that have large, complex cloud projects, we’ve discovered many unmet needs related to cloud recovery, cloud migration and cloud Dev/Test,” said Raj Dhingra, CloudVelox’s CEO. “As a result, we’ve focused our development efforts on those unique enterprise requirements unmet by existing tools and manual processes. With this release we further extend the enterprise-centric capabilities of cloud automation and orchestration software.”
One Hybrid Cloud uses an application blueprint-based approach to automate the provisioning of critical storage, security and network processes on AWS, thus minimizing risk and maximizing productivity. The product is a single solution for cloud migration, cloud recovery and cloud Dev/Test; it features a simple drag-and-drop interface that allows IT to leverage cloud services without having to understand the complexity of the cloud.
To take One Hybrid Cloud for a TestDrive on AWS visit http://www.cloudvelox.com/test-drive/. With the One Hybrid Cloud TestDrive, you can be working with a live cloud recovery, cloud migration and cloud Dev/Test environment in AWS in under 30 minutes.
CloudVelox is an award-winning pioneer in cloud automation and orchestration software. Led by a deeply experienced team of system software, security and networking executives, CloudVelox gives data center teams the ability to reduce business risk and increase IT productivity and resilience with a single solution based on an application blueprint-centric approach. For more information, please visit: http://www.cloudvelox.com.
+1 (925) 271-8215