OHC ™ v3.0 Pioneers Advanced Automation Capabilities for Enterprise Cloud Migration
CloudVelox has been working hard on new features and enhancements to our award winning One Hybrid Cloud (OHC) software platform. With the OHC v3.0 release, we have incorporated valuable feedback from customers and partners requesting unprecedented cloud migration automation capabilities, including cloud network customization.
One Hybrid Cloud™ 3.0 software delivers the industry’s first automated cloud network customization capability for migrating existing workloads into the cloud. It is the first cloud migration software to allow enterprise IT teams and cloud partners to map their existing data center network environments to a cloud network design with extensive automation. This new release enables enterprises to easily leverage cloud-native services and APIs that maximize cloud ROI and resource efficiency as well as ease of use.
Key features of OHC v3.0 include the following:
- Cloud Network Customization:
Cloud Network Customization is a key requirement for enterprises to deploy their application workload in the cloud securely and in compliance with their cloud network policy. With Cloud Network Customization, you have unprecedented control over how your business and mission critical applications are deployed in the cloud. A simple to use interface enables the user to:
- Re-create network structure in public cloud (AWS);
- Map on-premises network structure to a new cloud network; and
- Fit-in source systems to a pre-defined network in AWS.
The IP address of applications to be deployed can be customized and set to:
- Same as source: For multi-tiered applications that have dependencies on each other based on source internal IP Address
- DHCP: For users that have to use a defined policy to use DHCP for applications launched in cloud
- A specific IP address: For users that want to specify IP address based on defined security policy
- None: For applications workloads that have multiple interfaces, assigning a None as IP address will ensure that the interface is not available in the cloud when the workload is launched
- Enhanced Security:
Users can deploy the OHC Director with a private IP address. This allows enterprise to keep the replication & control traffic private and makes it simpler to implement VPN to VPC or AWS Direct Connect to VPC. Also, single server will by default be launched without an AWS EIP.
- MySQL Backup/Restore:
OHC enables enterprise use of MySQL database native backup/restore mechanisms with user defined scripts that support: MySQL Enterprise Backup; Mysqldumps; Copying Table Files; Delimited Text File Backups; and Backup using Backups by enabling Binary Log
Use of MySQL database native approach for application consistent database backup and restore enables an enterprise to:
- Use established mechanisms for backup/restore in data center that will continue to work in cloud; and
- Reduce the effort required to migrate/protect MySQL databases.
- Updated OS support for datacenter workloads:
OHC v3.0 now supports datacenter workloads running on v6.8 of RedHat Enterprise Linux, CentOS and Oracle Linux. This ensures that enterprises can safely migrate or protect brownfield applications running on the most current Linux OS versions.